Monday, April 28, 2014

The Storm Is Passing

Thank you to everyone for all of the love, support and prayers.  We have been though so much mentally and physically since mid March, and I am so grateful to say that God has brought us through this with a peace during the times that it was most needed. Of course we still are going through and will be going through certain stages for a while, but I know that God is good. There are still days where maybe something I see, hear or even think about will bring up the pain and it will just hit me hard. It's very unexpected when it happens so it's hard to know how to avoid those things. I just never really know what will do it. There are days like Friday that the pain hits me unexpectedly, however overall I am doing well mentally and physically. On April 1, 2014 at 1:08am we gave birth to a baby boy. We then named him Joseph Edward Rico. My husbands name is Joe and most people think his real name is Joseph so we thought that was perfect. It also means "he will add" and Joseph has added to our family and we know God will add to our family again. And Edward is my husbands middle name so we thought it would go well. We look forward to being able to see him and hold him in heaven one day, until then, he is in the arms of our Heavenly Father.

This week and last, I have been taking care of our sick little boy. He has ear infections in both ears and strep throat, so he has only wanted to lay on me. Today he is playing a little, so I'm trying to get some things done.

I'm so ready to get busy with my 4 hour plan! Today I am going to attempt at least 1-2 hours as long as my son lets me. My main focus is going to be on interviews and following up with those that have shown any interest in the opportunity, then booking. I'm really looking forward to first, getting back into my red jacket. It makes getting ready for the meetings so easy and it also makes packing for seminar really easy.


The race is on! Are you running? Ready...Set..GO!!!












The struggle you're in today is developing the strength you need for tomorrow. -Unknown

2 comments:

  1. Amy, I have followed your blog on and off since I started reading it earlier this year. Ughh, this was heart wrenching. Hugs and thoughts going your way. I know the pain you feel, but trust me it gets easier. 4 years ago I gave birth to a baby boy as well, just about half way through my pregnancy. But you know what, God needed him more than my husband and daughter and I. Even though we never forget, it will get easier. Trust that God is rocking you baby till you can be there :) Much love. Trine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your words of encouragement Trine. You are so sweet.

      Delete