Thursday, May 22, 2014

Drum Roll Please

I'll begin by telling you all...I'm sorry to let you down, but I will not be mailing out any checks! Woo hoo! I called/text 93 different people yesterday! I feel like I have so much to talk about today. First, I actually found some leads that I needed to follow up with. I usually text referrals one time and if I don't hear from them that's it. However, recently a sweet friend in our unit, Crystal (In her 3rd month of DIQ!!), sent me her text messages that she sends to referrals and she is sending referrals up to 3 messages! Here they are:
So I decided I'd give it a try. So yesterday it had been 6 days since I last text the last of my referrals and I started sending out text #2 to the ladies who didn't respond. I felt like not much was happening at first, but then I started getting lots of different texts. Some people replied no thank you, I got some that said they did not live here (So I asked to send them a Facial In A Bag and they said yes), and some said, you are right, I didn't even realize I got a message from you or that it really did get buried. I wound up booking at least 2 more and I'm sending out a couple of facial in a bags and then one lady, who was very against trying anything on her super sensitive skin, allowed me to send her a sample of our botanicals to try. I was really excited about the results and really this is much like calling referrals. If you don't get an answer when you call you may or may not leave a message, but until you actually get a hold of them and talk, you try back. I don't ever want to seem pushy or irritating and I felt like the 2nd text was extremely nice and polite. I didn't get any responses that made me feel like the person felt annoyed or anything. I tell you that because I know so many of us worry about sounding pushy.

Yesterday I also got $120 in sales. On my car, I have the 11x17 vinyl letter car decal from mkconnections and my UPS guy, who always brings my Mary Kay packages to me, noticed my decal along with the packages and asked me about it one day. He said that his wife had lost her consultant and that she needed some products. So I explained that I keep products on hand and if he finds out what she wants I can get it right to her. So yesterday he stopped by during his route and gave me a list of products she needed and I got them bagged up and he was able to bring it to her that night. Then I got a call from one of my customers that I text messaged yesterday and she said that she needed the cleanser and moisturizer, so I got another easy sale. On both orders, the total before tax was $40 or more so I gave both customers our current gift with purchase. I also accidentally found this really cool postcard that goes along with the current gift with purchase. Here is what it looks like, but I have also included the link to where I found it so you can use it if you want. So I filled in the postcard, printed one sheet of 4 on cardstock, cut them out and included one of these cards in both orders.


Today will be a light day of work with my son going crazy around me. So the last thing that I want to encourage you to do is Follow me on this blog. By clicking on follow, you will be updated every time I post so you'll never miss an exciting post! So until tomorrow, ya'll have a wonderful, magnificent Thursday!


No comments:

Post a Comment