Thursday, May 15, 2014

Keep Going!

Today's post is going to be based upon my quiet time with God today. Many of us have felt the excitement that leads us to action to bring us to the next level in our businesses. I am writing today about what I have felt recently and what God has shown me, because I feel as though others can possibly relate.

Today during my devotional time I was reading about Satan and how he is a created being, therefore he is limited in what he can do. Here is the actual devotion if you'd like to read it:

SPENDING TIME alone with Me is essential for your well-being. It is not a luxury or an option; it is a necessity. Therefore, do not feel guilty about taking time to be with Me. Remember that Satan is the accuser of believers. He delights in heaping guilt feelings upon you, especially when you are enjoying My Presence. When you feel Satan’s arrow’s of accusation, you are probably on the right track. Use your shield of faith to protect yourself from him. Talk with Me about what you are experiencing, and ask Me to show you the way forward. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to Me, and I will come near to you.
*REVELATION 12:10  *EPHESIANS 6:16  *JAMES 4:7-8
This all led me to such a powerful prayer time where I just allowed the Holy Spirit to pour into me. Crazy to me as it sounds, it has been one year since I was in DIQ.  Since being in this company, my relationship with the Lord has grown so much. There are many factors involved, however, I have never had such an in depth, intimate relationship with God as I have since being in Mary Kay. That being said, my relationship with God was definetly growing through the DIQ process, and has continued to do so.  I have known since my first seminar (only a few months after signing up) that this was exactly where God wanted me.   As I went through DIQ, I was continuously growing in my faith and in my business, and I knew even then that being a national sales director one day was in my future.  I finished month 1, 2 and 3 of DIQ and was unable to complete the last month, so I was going to resubmit for DIQ, however I soon found out that I did not qualify to resubmit at that time.  That was really hard for me, but I prayed a lot and just relied on God for strength and continued moving forward.  Although the past month or so has seemed like an uneventful time in my business, I had continued doing work through this whole past year, and almost feeling frustrated that I wasn't back in DIQ yet. This was definitely something I continued to pray about. I knew even then that this is where God wants me and I felt frustrated that I had not obtained that next level even though I was doing so much work. So over this past month or so, I feel as though God has used that time as a resting period for me, so I could rejuvenate myself almost like vacation from my business.  After today's devotion and prayer time, I asked God why I just continued to feel like this is exactly where I should be, yet I don't feel like I'm moving, and today I really felt as though God was telling me that he needed to grow me more before he put me in that position. He needed me to have an even deeper relationship with him and that this time I've spent dealing with our loss, and my son and I being sick for a week each has been a part of his grander plan.  The reason why I decided to share all of this today is because I feel as though sometimes we rely so much on ourselves, that we forget who is all powerful and can and will make things happen for us (with our obedient work) when the time is right. So, we can follow a plan of action, set goals and work towards those goals, but we must keep God number 1 just like this business is designed to do, but we also have to keep our minds and hearts in line with God's plan and timing as well. So don't be discouraged when things don't go your way, remember that if you know where God placed you and wants you, that he will make it happen in his timing if you stay focused on him.  Sometimes we get caught up in our own plans and timing and that's when we can become discouraged. After my quiet time with God today, I really feel as though he has me right where he needs me to be and that after this past month or so, it's now time for me to move into the next level. So I will be working towards DIQ again with God by my side.  I also want to make sure that you know I'm not saying not to work towards your goals and dreams that God has placed in your heart, because I know from experience that is how he has grown me. By me doing the work towards becoming a director, he has used this time to grow me to the place he needs me to be. 


I hope today's post is an encouragement to everyone. I love you all and I always appreciate your love and kindness!

I will be doing my 4 hour plan today and I will be posting about it tomorrow!

Have a fabulous day!!



2 comments: