Friday, January 17, 2014

Day 4

Finally my papers are all separated, and it feels much better. So, I wanted to share something that I feel is very important for anyone who has trouble with time management or for anyone with another job besides Mary Kay. I have found that by keeping track of my hours with a timer app on my phone, I don't have to worry about remembering. This is especially helpful for me when I have to take a break, whether it was planned or unexpected, long or short, I can quickly stop the timer and then resume it when I come back to my work. Those who have another job besides MK can use this to their advantage as well by using the smaller chunks of time they have in the day (breaks, lunches, etc.) to work on their 4 hour plan and they can start and stop a timer to keep track of how much time they have left and have completed.

Today I will have to use the timer similarly to someone who has another job by using it during breaks that I will have. I will be doing facials from 3-9pm today which means that in between facials, and while I wait, I will do as much as possible and then stop the timer. The bulk of my work will be done before my facials today, but I will not be able to complete it all before then. By the end of the day I will have completed 4 hours and it'll feel great!

Yesterday as I was organizing papers I was still texting back and forth with people from the first two days, so by the end of yesterday, I had booked three more! This shows the power of a little work. It just keeps on giving.

I look forward to letting you know how my facials go today and how my 4 hours went as well, so I'll talk to you tomorrow!
Amy

2 comments:

  1. Amy, I just came across your blog and I am impressed. I am also a senior consultant and work full time at the side. I came across Tammy's plan on her website and wasn't sure how to fit it in. Reading your blog makes me think I should be able to get in at least a few hours a day. What is the timer app called that you are referring to in thins blog post?
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Trine! I agree with you, we can typically squeeze things in that we really want to do, and it seems as though you are a find a way make a way kinda person from what you told me. I just have a preloaded app called clock on my phone and when you go into it, you have an alarm, world clock, stopwatch, timer, and desk clock. So I just use that timer. If your phone doesn't have one though, any timer will do :) Thank you for your comments! I'd love for you to keep me updated on how your 4 hour plan (maybe in smaller time frames) is going for you!

      Delete